About the Organisation
Greener Things- an initiative to develop a greener perspective to look at all kinds of things, a term broad enough to include each and every activity of every nation ranging from government actions to individual activities. It is an initiative started by a group of students of Gujarat National Law University. This is independent of any sort of institutional attachments and wishes to develop an unbiased, independent and strong environmental perspective! This budding initiative which has seen the light of the day in April, 2020 aims to establish itself as a not-for-profit organisation comprising environment friendly people who are dedicated to contribute fruitfully to the environment.
Our aim is to develop an unbiased, independent, strong, efficient and practicable environmental perspective for all kind of activities in a nation so as to secure the precious and dwindling mother earth from getting extinct. SDGs and MDGs as well as the principles laid down in UNFCCC as well as the Rio Declaration are its core principles.
About the Competition/Event/Opportunity
The Greener Things Blog is one of the many initiatives of the organisation through which it tries to develop an interdisciplinary approach towards environmental protection thereby creating awareness among people from all backgrounds, as we believe that protecting our mother earth is our collective duty. An interaction between public policy and sociology along with environmental policies is the special feature of our blog.
As stated above, the broad theme of our blog is an interdisciplinary environmental protection approach, however some of the suggestive sub-themes are:
• International politics and environmental protection
• Human Psychology and environment degradation
• Religious beliefs and historical approach to environmental protection
• Economics of environment protection
• All topics related to SDGs and MDGs.
• Social inclusion and environmental safety.
This list is just suggestive and not exhaustive.
We follow a peer review process for the admission of the blogs, wherein the process is done by our internal editorial board. The identity of the editors are not disclosed to prevent any sort of bias. The acceptance of the blog will be communicated speedily enough within one week of submission.
We have rolling submissions with a temporary submission deadline of 30th September 2020.
All blogs to be submitted to [email protected]. The blog should be submitted in a .doc format along with a short bio of the authors.
All blogs that are published would be publicized on our linkedin, facebook and instagram handles.
How to submit-
All blogs are to be mailed as a word document to [email protected]
A strict adherence to these guidelines by the author is desirous.
1. The language of the Blog shall be English.
2. The length of essays can be 750-1000 words.
3. Co-authorship up to a maximum 2 authors is allowed.
4. While the blog doesn’t propose any specific topic, the subject of the blog is broadly anything related to environment. However, an inter-disciplinary approach to environmental issues would be favorably looked upon.
5. Plagiarism would not be tolerated, with a minimum level of 15% being permissible.
6. Formatting Guidelines-
Size- Headings(14), Body(12)
Headings in bold.
7. No citations or endnotes or bibliography or references. All relevant citations should be hyperlinked to the text.
8. There should be a clear division between Introduction, Body and Conclusion in the blog.
9. It would be upon the discretion of the editorial team at Greener Things to accept any submitted blog.
10. All blogs to be submitted to [email protected] The blog should be submitted in a .doc format along with a short bio of the authors.
11. The copyright of the blogs shall be vested with the authors and only a non-exclusive assignable copyright shall be assigned to Greener Things. This means that the author can resubmit the blog at any other place after its publication at the Greener Things Blog, however with a grace citation or reference to the Greener Things Blog. Submission of essays to this blog shall be deemed to be the assignment of the copyright by the author in the aforementioned manner.
12. All blogs that are published would be publicised on our linkedin, facebook and instagram handles and if an author does not wish the same the same should be indicated in the mail for submission of blogs.
Please do pay attention to our copyright policy for the blog.
Contact details for more information